Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A light summer dish, a meal in itself, served with a fresh mixed salad and crusty French bread.
- 1 lb fresh green beans (the broad ones)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup canned tomato, chopped
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 eggs
- Cut the beans in pieces, about 2 cm each, and wash them.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan, add the onion and fry it until slightly browned.
- Add the beans, fry them for a few minutes.
- Add broth,chopped tomatoes and garlic, salt and pepper to taste and bring to a boil.
- Cover the pan and let simmer for about 15 minutes, until the beans are tender and done.
- Check for seasoning.
- Crack the eggs directly into the pan and stir well.
- Cook for a few more minutes, until the egg is done.
- Serve with French bread, some hot sauce like tunesian harissa an the side.