Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I have been fixing my Green beans this way for about a year now and I just love it!! You can also cook asparagus the same way!!!
- 1 lb green beans
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 shallot
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Wash and cut end of green beans. Bring to boil a pot of water and salt it as this is the only time to really flavor the green beans -- Boil them for about 8-10 minutes then drain water.
- In a separate pan -- put olive oil and butter -- medium heat as not to burn. Pour green beans, shallot- sliced thinly, pre-sliced mushrooms and garlic and sautee for about 5 minutes! You can add more garlic if you want!
- Make sure green beans are still firm.not to mushy. Add some more seasonings to taste after you are finishing the sautee as this will bring out the water from the mushrooms and the sweetness of the shallot !
Delicious use of green beans. This is good enough to serve at Thanksgiving or Christmas. Made for PAC, Spring 2014.
Nice green beans. I enjoyed the addition of shallots and mushrooms to these. Thanks for sharing. Made for Spring PAC 2013.
Great way to prepare beans. Loved the garlic in this dish. Will be making this again. Made for Spring 2013 PAC.