Recipe by FloridaGrl
This sounds really interesting, can't wait to try it.
Top Review by hotdishmama
Very tasty. I made them as part of a middle eastern meal for a dinner party and there wasn't a morsel left. They taste very much like the Loobia at my favorite Lebanese restaurant. Delicious! I will make them again.
- 2 cups sliced red onions
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- cooking spray
- 4 large tomatoes, peeled and halved (about 2 lbs.)
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed, lightly crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 lbs green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place onion and garlic on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Place tomato halves, cut side up over onion. Combine thyme,cumin,salt, black pepper, and red pepper and sprinkle over tomatoes. Lightly coat vegetables with cooking spray. Bake at 375F for 40 minutes or until onions are browned and tomatoes are tender. Cool.
- Place mixture in a food processor and pulse 6 times until mixture is slightly chunky. Stir in vinegar.
- Cook beans in boiling water in a medium saucepan for 7 minutes or until just tender. Drain. Return to pan, and toss with olive oil. Add tomato mixture, and cook for 2 minutes or until throughly heated.
- Serving size: 3/4 cup.