This sounds really interesting, can't wait to try it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups sliced red onions
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- cooking spray
- 4 large tomatoes, peeled and halved (about 2 lbs.)
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed, lightly crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 lbs green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Place onion and garlic on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Place tomato halves, cut side up over onion. Combine thyme,cumin,salt, black pepper, and red pepper and sprinkle over tomatoes. Lightly coat vegetables with cooking spray. Bake at 375F for 40 minutes or until onions are browned and tomatoes are tender. Cool.
- 3Place mixture in a food processor and pulse 6 times until mixture is slightly chunky. Stir in vinegar.
- 4Cook beans in boiling water in a medium saucepan for 7 minutes or until just tender. Drain. Return to pan, and toss with olive oil. Add tomato mixture, and cook for 2 minutes or until throughly heated.
- 5Serving size: 3/4 cup.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Beans With Roasted Tomatoes and Cumin
Serving Size: 1 (219 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 76.4
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 156.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 2.8 g