1 hr 5 mins
From a recipe card I picked up at the grocery store from Maille Dijon mustard. Looks and sounds very good. I bet this would make a great holiday side dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1VARIATIONS: 1- Add 30 ml (2 tbsp) white wine vinegar to sauce.
- 22- Replace the chestnuts with grilled almonds or hazelnuts.
- 3Preheat oven to 160C (325F).
- 4Roast chestnuts thusly: cut a small cross into the base of each chestnut, place on a cookie sheet and cook until the chestnuts start to open, about 45 minutes.
- 5Remove from oven and let cool.
- 6Meanwhile, cook the green beans in salted, boiling for two minutes, plunge into iced water and drain thouroughly.
- 7Place in a serving dish and set aside.
- 8Cook green onions and garlic in olive oil and butter until softened bit not golden.
- 9Set aside.
- 10Peel and quarter roasted chestnuts.
- 11Sprinkle over green beans.
- 12Combine the green beans and mustard, pour over green beans and chestnuts.
- 13Add salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Beans with Roasted Chestnuts in a Dijon Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (218 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 174.3
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 2.5 mg
- Sodium 269.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 3.9 g