Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
From a recipe card I picked up at the grocery store from Maille Dijon mustard. Looks and sounds very good. I bet this would make a great holiday side dish.
- 50 ml Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 kg green beans, tails trimmed
- 500 g finely chopped green onions
- 45 ml olive oil
- 15 ml butter
- 500 g chestnuts
- 5 ml salt
- 5 ml pepper
- 2 cloves crushed garlic (optional)
- VARIATIONS: 1- Add 30 ml (2 tbsp) white wine vinegar to sauce.
- 2- Replace the chestnuts with grilled almonds or hazelnuts.
- Preheat oven to 160C (325F).
- Roast chestnuts thusly: cut a small cross into the base of each chestnut, place on a cookie sheet and cook until the chestnuts start to open, about 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Meanwhile, cook the green beans in salted, boiling for two minutes, plunge into iced water and drain thouroughly.
- Place in a serving dish and set aside.
- Cook green onions and garlic in olive oil and butter until softened bit not golden.
- Set aside.
- Peel and quarter roasted chestnuts.
- Sprinkle over green beans.
- Combine the green beans and mustard, pour over green beans and chestnuts.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.