Recipe by gailanng
Best if served room temperature.
Top Review by lauralie41
I didnt have fresh green beans on hand so I used canned and I enjoyed them a lot. DH didnt do well with them but when he took some over to my mom she loved them too. Put the green beans in a skillet and added the onion and dressing then let the beans warm thru. Will be making these again when I go to the Farmer's Market and get some fresh green beans. This recipe is a definite keeper! Made and reviewed for Kittencal's Going Green For March Recipe Tag.
- 1 lb fresh green beans
- 1 teaspoon dijon-style mustard
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, coarsley chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut beans into 2" lengths, cutting off tips.
- Drop beans into boiling salted water just covering the beans and return to a boil.
- Simmer for about 6-7 minutes or until tender crisp; drain and let cool.
- Combine mustard and vinegar in a bowl.
- Beat with a wire whisk while adding oil.
- Add red onions then salt and pepper to taste.
- Add beans and toss until blended.