1/1 Photo of Green Beans With Red Onion and Mustard Vinaigrette
gourmet magazine...sara moulton
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a heavy skillet over moderate heat until hot but not smoking, then cook mustard seeds, stirring, until they pop and are 1 shade darker, about 2 minutes.
- 2Transfer oil with seeds to a large bowl.
- 3Simmer vinegar and sugar in a small saucepan, stirring, until sugar is dissolved, then cool 5 minutes.
- 4Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in cleaned skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then cook onion, stirring, until golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes.
- 5Remove from heat and stir in vinegar, then add to mustard oil in large bowl.
- 6Have ready a large bowl of ice and cold water.
- 7Cook beans in a pot of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- 8Drain in a colander and plunge into ice water to stop cooking, then drain well.
- 9Toss beans with vinaigrette and salt and pepper, to taste.
- 10Serve at room temperature or chilled.
- 11gourmet magazine -- sara moulton.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Beans With Red Onion and Mustard Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (117 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 92.6
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 6.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 2.1 g