Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
My favorite green bean recipe. We think it's delicious. Believe it came from a church cookbook
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh green beans
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook green beans as usual in boiling water until crisp-tender; (I cook mine approx. 6 minutes- you may prefer less time.) Drain.
- Fry bacon until crisp; drain, reserving drippings in skillet.
- Crumble bacon; set aside.
- Saute onion in reserved drippings until transparent.
- Add green beans, vinegar, salt, and pepper; simmer 10 minutes.
- Turn into serving dish and top with bacon.
I love green beans and I'm always looking for different ways to make them. This is a great recipe...quick, easy and oh so flavorful! I wouldn't change a thing. Thank you so much for sharing this. I have a green bean recipe posted you might like to try.
I thought this recipe was very good but I subtracted one star because my husband didn't like it. I don't think the bacon grease is really necessary as the vinegar and bacon bits are delicious enough with the wonderful taste of fresh green beans. Celebrate the vegetables, and not so much salt. Thanks for the recipe Mrs. El.
Great tasting recipe, MrsEl! We had two huge bags of fresh green beans from a friend's garden this summer & i collected several recipes to try out with them. This was by far my favorite. I love raspberry vinegar anyway, but DH doesn't usually. He did this time! Thanks again, i'll be keeping this one handy!