Recipe by MrsEl
My favorite green bean recipe. We think it's delicious. Believe it came from a church cookbook
Top Review by Merlot
I love green beans and I'm always looking for different ways to make them. This is a great recipe...quick, easy and oh so flavorful! I wouldn't change a thing. Thank you so much for sharing this. I have a green bean recipe posted you might like to try.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh green beans
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook green beans as usual in boiling water until crisp-tender; (I cook mine approx. 6 minutes- you may prefer less time.) Drain.
- Fry bacon until crisp; drain, reserving drippings in skillet.
- Crumble bacon; set aside.
- Saute onion in reserved drippings until transparent.
- Add green beans, vinegar, salt, and pepper; simmer 10 minutes.
- Turn into serving dish and top with bacon.