Recipe by Anna's Mom
I am not sure where I found this recipe but am placing it here for safe-keeping (finally).
- 1⁄2 lb green beans
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 ounces portabella mushrooms, stemmed, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup shallot, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of water and 1 Tbs. salt to a boil. Add green beans and cook 5 minutes. Drain beans and place in a large bowl of cold water to stop the cooking. Let sit 5 minutes to cool. Remove from cold water and dry.
- Heat skillet and add 3 Tbs. of oil at medium heat. Add mushrooms and thyme. Saute 5 minutes until mushrooms are brown. Add shallots and continue to saute an addtl 2 minutes. Add salt and pepper.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk vinegar and mustard. Gradually add the 1/3 cup olive oil.
- Place green beans and mushrooms in serving bowl and drizzle vinegar-mustard over to serve.