Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This makes a scrumptious addition to any meal.
- 3 1⁄2 lbs green beans, trimmed halved diagonally
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 3⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Cook green beans in large pot of boiling salted water until crisp tender, about 6 minutes.
- Place beans in large bowl of ice water to cool quickly.
- Drain well.
- (Can be made one day ahead. Wrap beans in paper towels, then plastic bags, and chill).
- Heat oil in large pot over medium high heat.
- Add garlic; stir 30 seconds.
- Add beans; saute until heated through, about 8 minutes.
- Add pine nuts and basil; stir 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Makes 12 servings.
this is just too easy and delicious. and quick. i cook my beans 3- 5 minutes on hi in the micro.with aprox 2 tbsp water/lb. they come out crisp tender for this recipe i used 2 lbs, cooked them and then i followed your recipe, so we had lots of nuts and basil. fresh ground pepper tableside, so good, thanks bev
a nice quick and easy way to spice up boring green beans
Very nice and different. I thought it might be too basily but it wasn't, it was just right. My father and brother liked them too.