Recipe by chefmick
cooking home meals doesn't have to be complicated or same ol' same ol'. Here's a fresh idea for a commonly used side dish
Top Review by Sydney Mike
In the mood to just make enough for the 2 of us, I cut this recipe in half, but another time I'll do the whole thing, 'cause we really like the green beans with those buttery pine nuts & think they'd have been just as good a 2nd time around! A great way to dress up green beans, for sure! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Newest Zaar Tag]
Directions See How It's Made
- cut steam end off of 1 lb fresh green beans. (use fresh frozen when out of season).
- in medium sauce pan bring water to a boil. place green beans in mesh strainer and steam them. (should be hot all the way through while retaining garden fresh snap).
- while beans are steaming, melt butter in med saute pan. when butter is lightly caramelized (just turning a light brown color) add pine nuts.
- saute nuts till butter reaches preferred amount of caramelized color. (I like it to be well caramelized, some people don't though.).
- if you want sauce a little thicker just stir in a pinch of arrow root. Be careful with this as it doesn't take much.
- slice cherry tomatoes in fourths.
- plate green beans all in one direction, spoon a little sauce over middle of beans, place a piece of sliced cherry tomato on top.
- makes an attractive addition to any meal.