Recipe by Sandi (From CA)
For a change of pace, orange peel can replace the lemon. From Bon Appétit.
Top Review by Diana #2
This is such a special recipe. Easy to prepare, flavour to knock your socks off and very impressive looking. Just be careful not to burn the pecans. :) Thanks Sandi for such a wonderful recipe. Made for the March Herb/Spice of the Month in the Gardening Forum
- 2 lbs green beans, trimmed, halved crosswise
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- 4 teaspoons minced lemon zest (yellow part only)
- 1⁄3 cup fresh Italian parsley, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook beans in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender, about 5 minutes. Drain.
- Transfer to bowl of ice water and cool. Drain and pat dry. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.).
- Melt butter in large deep skillet over medium heat. Add pecans; sauté until nuts are crisp and butter is lightly browned, about 3 minutes.
- Add beans; toss to heat through, about 5 minutes.
- Mix in lemon zest; cook 1 minute.
- Mix in parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to bowl.