Top Review by Luby Luby Luby
I found that one minute was not nearly enough time to cook the beans. I added a little water, covered the skillet and cooked them for about 15 minutes. I then removed the lid and let the water evaporate. I think the recipe might work better if the beans are cooked separately and then added to the pecan-butter mixture.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs green beans
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Place butter into a large, heavy skillet.
- Turn heat to medium.
- When butter is melted, add pecans and cook, swirling constantly, until the butter has a uniform light golden brown color, about 4 minutes.
- Be careful not to burn butter.
- Add beans and toss with butter until heated through and tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add salt to taste if needed.
- Add parsley and toss to mix.
- Serve warm.