Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
A simple side dish. I love these beans. Oyster sauce is a thick, dark, combination of soy sauce, oyster concentrate and brine. It is often used in stir-fries and, despite its name, does not have a fishy taste.
- Snip off ends of beans and cut beans diagonally in half or thirds.
- Steam in steamer basket over boiling water 8 to 12 minutes or until just tender.
- Exact time depends on age and size of beans; start testing at 8 minutes.
- Transfer beans to a large bowl.
- Add peanuts and oyster sauce and toss to combine.
- Serves 4.