Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is from Everyday with RR. I haven’t tried it yet, but I am typing it up for ZWT II. 6 servings. 20 minutes.
- coarse salt
- 2 lbs green beans, trimmed
- 1 cup unsalted peanuts
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add the green beans and cook until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water. Drain again and refrigerate.
- In a food processor, pulse the peanuts until coarsely chopped. Reserve 1/3 cup of the peanuts for garnish. Continue pulsing the remaining peanuts until finely chopped.
- Add the vinegar, ginger, soy sauce, sugar, oil, 2 tablespoons of hot water and 1 teaspoon of salt to the peanuts and blend until the dressing is almost smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl several times.
- Toss the green beans with the dressing. Sprinkle the reserved chopped peanuts over the top just before serving.
The green beans were frozen and I steamed them over a couple of inches of water instead of boiling them. I feel that steaming helps the beans retain the color and flavor better. I used my Vitamix to mix up the dressing and after it was done felt that I should have added more liquid to make it a more smooth. DH loved the flavor.