Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 mins
One of the only ways I like green beans! This comes from Japanese Home Style Cooking, a book given to me by a girl who lived with us. Prep time includes allowing the beans to stand in the soy sauce.
- 226.79 g green beans
- 2.46 ml soy sauce
- 44.37 ml sugar-free chunky peanut butter
- 7.39 ml sugar
- 7.39 ml soy sauce
- 14.79 ml dashi (I use instant granules for this-about 1/4 teaspoon mixed in a tablespoon water)
- String the beans and cook uncovered in plenty of boiling water until they turn bright green.
- Do not overcook.
- Drain, spread out to cool.
- Cut diagonally into 1 inch (2cm) lengths.
- Sprinkle half a teaspoon soy sauce over the beans and stand for 10 minutes.
- Mix the beans into the dressing and serve.
- DRESSING: Mix the peanut butter, sugar, soy sauce and dashi well.
These beans have a great flavor, who knew the two went so well together? Thanks so much for sharing!
great side dish or salad dish for japanese fried entrees like chicken katsu....dashi(instant) is available in asian supermarkets and, of course, on line...
I've eaten this dish everytime i visit Japan, finally I can serve it at home in oz, I love it seved room temperature as aside dish, thanks