One of the only ways I like green beans! This comes from Japanese Home Style Cooking, a book given to me by a girl who lived with us. Prep time includes allowing the beans to stand in the soy sauce.
- String the beans and cook uncovered in plenty of boiling water until they turn bright green.
- Do not overcook.
- Drain, spread out to cool.
- Cut diagonally into 1 inch (2cm) lengths.
- Sprinkle half a teaspoon soy sauce over the beans and stand for 10 minutes.
- Mix the beans into the dressing and serve.
- DRESSING: Mix the peanut butter, sugar, soy sauce and dashi well.