1/2 Photos of Green Beans with Peanut
This is a Southern dish inspired by a sauce used in Indonesia. For extra color, garnish with a few slivers of sweet red pepper
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil over high heat.
- 2Add the green beans and cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- 3Drain and rinse briefly under cold running water.
- 4Meanwhile, in a food processor, combine the peanut butter, brown sugar, soy sauce, lemon juice, garlic, and ginger.
- 5Process until smooth.
- 6With the machine on, add the hot water and mix until blended.
- 7Transfer the beans to a serving dish.
- 8Pour the sauce over the beans and serve.
- 9If you prefer the dish hotter, reheat in a microwave oven on High for 50 to 60 seconds, rotating the dish once.
- 10(If you do this, be sure the serving dish is microwave-safe glass or ceramic).
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Beans with Peanut
Serving Size: 1 (94 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 162.3
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 272.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 7.1 g