Recipe by Chandra M
A new take on an old classic. The pancetta adds a nice smokiness, but is not overpowering and greasy.
- 1 lb fresh green beans, rinsed & trimmed (hericot vert work well)
- 1⁄4 cup pancetta, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon butter
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium pot with steamer insert, bring a few inches of water to a boil.
- In a large skillet, toast the almonds until golden brown. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add the beans to the steamer insert. Steam until bright green, but still slightly crisp. About 5 minutes.
- In the large skillet, melt the butter and add the pancetta. Cook on medium until the pancetta just starts to crisp.
- Add the beans to the skillet and toss to coat. Continue cooking until the beans are done, about 3 minutes.
- Serve the beans with the toasted almonds on top. Season to taste with salt & pepper.