Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 2 lbs fresh green beans
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium purple onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook green beans in boiling water to cover 5 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain and set aside.
- Place butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until butter melts and oil is hot.
- Add onion, and sauté until tender. Reduce heat to medium; add oregano, and sauté 1 minute.
- Add green beans, and cook, stirring often, 5 to 8 minutes or until tender. Toss with salt and pepper.