Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
From the The Diabetic Newsletter. Calories: 50, Protein: 2g, Fat: 5g, Carbohydrates: 5g, Exchanges: 1 Vegetable; 1 Fat
- In a frying pan or saute pan, add 4-5 teaspoon water.
- Bring to boil.
- Add Green Beans and lower heat to medium-high and cover.
- When Green Beans are fork-tender, take off heat and drain water.
- In another fry pan or saute pan, on medium high heat, saute olive oil, garlic and mushrooms for about 5-7 minutes.
- Add Green Beans and toss.
- Serve Hot.
Green beans are one of my favourite veg so mixed with the mushrooms made it even tastier especial with a touch of garlic as I was cooking for one I had to cut the recipe a bit but it was ok. I used frozen beans and garlic from a jar. Thank you for posting. made for Honor thy mother the diabetic forum May 2011.
I reduced the recipe by half successfully. I will look forward to using fresh green beans in this during the summer, but used frozen this time. They were very easy to make and delicious. The garlic was more than enough seasoning. I only added cracked black pepper to the recipe. Made for Spring '09 Pick A Chef.