Recipe by Porfavorcorona
From the The Diabetic Newsletter. Calories: 50, Protein: 2g, Fat: 5g, Carbohydrates: 5g, Exchanges: 1 Vegetable; 1 Fat
Top Review by Tea Jenny
Green beans are one of my favourite veg so mixed with the mushrooms made it even tastier especial with a touch of garlic as I was cooking for one I had to cut the recipe a bit but it was ok. I used frozen beans and garlic from a jar. Thank you for posting. made for Honor thy mother the diabetic forum May 2011.
- 2 lbs fresh green beans, cleaned
- 4 -5 teaspoons water
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a frying pan or saute pan, add 4-5 teaspoon water.
- Bring to boil.
- Add Green Beans and lower heat to medium-high and cover.
- When Green Beans are fork-tender, take off heat and drain water.
- In another fry pan or saute pan, on medium high heat, saute olive oil, garlic and mushrooms for about 5-7 minutes.
- Add Green Beans and toss.
- Serve Hot.