1/1 Photo of Green Beans with Mushrooms and Sage
After trying Evie*'s Pumpkin and Sage Risotto, I have gotten hooked on fresh sage. This recipe is from Southern Living. I made it over the holidays and I really liked it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh sage leaf, chopped
- 4 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
- 1In a large saucepan, cook beans in boiling salted water for 10-12 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- 2Plunge into icewater; drain and set aside.
- 3In a skillet, over medium-high heat, melt butter and add olive oil.
- 4Saute sage 1 minute or until crisp and dark green.
- 5Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- 6Add mushrooms and minced garlic to skillet; cook 2 minutes or until liquid evaporates.
- 7Add green beans, tossing to mix.
- 8Stir in broth, wine, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper; cook for 5-10 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half.
- 9Stir in sage just before serving.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Beans with Mushrooms and Sage
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 167.6
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 167.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 3.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh sage leaves