Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Side dish. Very easy to prepare. Low cal, Low fat.
- 1 tablespoon onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 ounces frozen green beans, drained
- 1 tablespoon pimiento, diced (optional)
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 ounces mushroom pieces, & stems drained
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat oil in skillet; sauté onions till transparent.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Cover& cook over medium heat about 15 minutes til thoroughly heated.
- Simple& delicious.
- Add a green salad& either a baked chicken breast or lean beef patty.
Lovely recipe - I took the liberty to use fresh beans (the garden is loaded) and fresh mushrooms. I sauted the onions and mushrooms together added the raw green beans, 3 tbsp water, covered and simmered for about 12 minutes - The beans were still crisp but hot through. Served with Smoked Beef ribs, new carrots and a roasted potato Great meal Thanks Jenny
Very flavourful green beans, I used fresh green beans and fresh mushrooms, didn't have any pimiento, but it wasn't missed except for the colour would have been a nice addition. I cooked the mushrooms and onions together with the garlic then added the beans, covered them and cooked about 15 minutes, lovely!! We liked the slight peppery taste. Thanks for posting I will make them again.
I made these for dinner last night and they were a hit! I used dried minced onion (a sprinkling) instead of fresh but otherwise everything was the same. I am going to try it with fresh green beans and mushrooms ~ I think it will be fantastic. It's a really quick and easy way to liven up green beans. Thank you so much for posting a keeper!