- 1⁄2 lb fresh green beans
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, white or 8 ounces brown button mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring 2 quarts of water to a rolling boil.
- Wash the green beans and trim the ends and any blemishes.
- Cook the beans in the boiling water for 2 minutes, drain, and rinse to stop the cooking process, set aside. You may do this up to an hour before hand.
- Brush off the mushrooms, trim any dry ends of the mushroom stems.
- Melt the butter in a large sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add the mushrooms, sprinkle with garlic, pepper, and salt.
- Cook for about 10 minutes, or until the mushrooms are golden brown, stirring frequently.
- Five minutes before serving, add the green beans to the pan, tossing well to coat with the buttery mushroom mixture.
- Cook until the green beans are heated through, about five minutes.