1/3 Photos of Green Beans With Mushrooms
I found this recipe in my Penzeys catalog. This makes a great meal with Roast Cornish Hens and Bay Flavored Brown & Wild Rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring 2 quarts of water to a rolling boil.
- 2Wash the green beans and trim the ends and any blemishes.
- 3Cook the beans in the boiling water for 2 minutes, drain, and rinse to stop the cooking process, set aside. You may do this up to an hour before hand.
- 4Brush off the mushrooms, trim any dry ends of the mushroom stems.
- 5Melt the butter in a large sauté pan over medium heat.
- 6Add the mushrooms, sprinkle with garlic, pepper, and salt.
- 7Cook for about 10 minutes, or until the mushrooms are golden brown, stirring frequently.
- 8Five minutes before serving, add the green beans to the pan, tossing well to coat with the buttery mushroom mixture.
- 9Cook until the green beans are heated through, about five minutes.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Beans With Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (162 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 114.4
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 344.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 5.9 g