Prep 8 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this recipe in my Penzeys catalog. This makes a great meal with Roast Cornish Hens and Bay Flavored Brown & Wild Rice.
- Bring 2 quarts of water to a rolling boil.
- Wash the green beans and trim the ends and any blemishes.
- Cook the beans in the boiling water for 2 minutes, drain, and rinse to stop the cooking process, set aside. You may do this up to an hour before hand.
- Brush off the mushrooms, trim any dry ends of the mushroom stems.
- Melt the butter in a large sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add the mushrooms, sprinkle with garlic, pepper, and salt.
- Cook for about 10 minutes, or until the mushrooms are golden brown, stirring frequently.
- Five minutes before serving, add the green beans to the pan, tossing well to coat with the buttery mushroom mixture.
- Cook until the green beans are heated through, about five minutes.
We enjoyed this very much with a grilled London broil and rice pilaf. The mushrooms were a nice addition.
I liked this very much. I added a shallot, sliced, to the mushrooms and it sure was good. I will make this again. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
Super easy to prepare :) and a flavorful side dish I served with Stuffed Baked Trout. I did add some Julianned green pepper and seasoned with a little lemon pepper. Thanks for a great recipe, a keeper. *Made for Seasoned Sailor and his Sassy Sirens ZWT 6*