Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A very easy yet very elegant way to serve green beans.
- 1 lb fresh green beans
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- shaved parmesan cheese
- chopped fresh parsley
- Place a large covered pot of lightly salted water on the stove and bring it to a boil.
- In the meantime, melt butter in a small skillet, increase heat to high, add mushrooms and stir fry until golden brown.
- Reduce heat to low, add garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Add cream, salt and pepper and heat through on low.
- Add beans to boiling water and cook until just tender, drain.
- Place beans on a serving plate, spoon the mushroom cream across the middle of the beans, sprinkle with parmesan and parsley and serve.
The sauce turned out a bit runny. I thought the flavor was good, but didn't enjoy it as much as I expected.