Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Ladies Home Journal June 07.
Make and share this Green Beans With Mint Almond Pesto recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 lbs French style green beans
- 2 1⁄2 cups fresh mint leaves, plus additional for garnish
- 1⁄3 cup blanched almond, toasted
- 1 lemon, zest of, finely grated
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil; add 1 teaspoon salt. Add green beans and cook until bright green and crisp tender, 2 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a bowl of ice and cold water to stop cooking. When cooled, drain and pat dry. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Combine mint, almonds, remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt and the zest in a food processor. With motor running add olive oil in a stream and blend until pureed for pesto.
- Add pesto to green beans and toss until coated well. Transfer to large serving platter and garnish with mint leaves, if desired.