Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a quick and easy way to serve green beans, either fresh or frozen, and adds a tangy taste to a meal. This is served quite often at family gatherings, especially Thanksgiving. The recipe can be found in the 'Can't Believe It's Kosher' cookbook.
- 1 lb green beans, fresh or frozen
- 2 teaspoons margarine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh or frozen
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons coarse grain mustard
- Steam beans until barely tender.
- In a small saucepan, melt the margarine.
- Stir in lemon juice and mustard.
- Pour over green beans and toss.
Really good! What a great new taste for string beans!! I admit, I was wary of the mustard but the flavor worked so well with string beans. Nice and (a bit) tangy, just like you described it. Thanks for something new, and delicious, to jazz up the old string beans!
This was a very good and different way to prepare green beans. Tangy (just as you said) and tasty! Thanks for sharing this recipe!
Not bad overall. I'm not a huge mustard fan but thought I would try it. I used 1 teaspoon of spicy mustard (didn't have the coarse kind). Overall, a nice alternative to steamed vegetables.