Recipe by PaulaG
This is a super quick recipe that uses fresh French green beans but would work equally well with frozen. The recipe was printed in Betty Crocker Thansgiving booklet, November 2005. The recipe calls for butter. Please do not sub margarine! The original recipe called for dried marjoram leaves. Not having those I used Penzeys Bouquet Garni with rewarding results.
- 1 lb French style green bean, trimmed, rinsed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- lemon slice (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place beans in a microwave safe dish, cover and microwave for 5 to 6 minutes or until crisp tender; stirring half way through cooking.
- Drain beans well and return to microwave dish, cover and keep warm.
- In a small saucepan, heat the butter over medium heat until melted and lightly browned.
- Immediately remove the butter from heat, stir in lemon zest, marjoram and salt.
- Pour the butter mixture over beans tossing to coat.
- Garnish with lemon slices.