Prep 3 mins
Cook 15 mins
Dress up your green beans without increasing the fat! From oxygen magazine
- 1 lb frozen green beans
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 minced garlic clove (fresh DOES make a difference)
- 1⁄2 lemon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Place steamer basket in a medium Saucepan filled with ½ inches water on the stove top on high heat. Bring to boil.
- Place frozen green beans in basket, cover pan and steam for 3-5 min., until slightly tender and bright green.
- Remove beans and place in serving bowl.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in small saucepan over low heat.
- Add garlic and let sweat until aromatic, aprox. 5 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and squeeze the lemon through a small strainer into the pan.
- Add salt and whisk together.
- Pour the Garlic/lemon sauce over the beans and toss to coat.