Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
Despite the fact that they require few ingredients and little effort, these beans always get raves.
- 680.38 g green beans, trimmed and cut diagonally into 1/2-inch pieces
- 59.14 ml pine nuts, toasted
- 29.58 ml finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 7.39 ml finely grated fresh lemon zest
- 19.71 ml extra virgin olive oil
- Cook beans in a 4-quart saucepan of boiling salted water until just tender, about 5 minutes.
- Then drain well in a colander.
- Transfer to a bowl and toss with nuts, parsley, zest, oil, and salt and pepper to taste.
I have never, ever liked fresh green beans. Despised them, in fact. For some odd reason, I decided to give this recipe a try and WOW! This recipe is going into heavy rotation at my house. The pine nuts and the lemon zest add such a complex flavor.
Served this at a dinner party and everone seemed to enjoy the beans, but the nuts all sifted to the bottom of the bowl and were difficult to get. I love pine nuts so this was a real disappointment. Anyone else have this issue? We still liked the flavor very much.
I am so used to just steaming veggies and eating them plain that this was a nice treat! I still steamed them, but then added the extras. Sadly, the rabbits got to the parsley in my garden so I added basil instead. And my pine nuts were toasted (adds that extra yum factor when you toast nuts!). I will make this again!