Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
You will love the fresh lemony taste of these greens beans. Enjoy!
- 1 lb thin green beans, such as haricots verts, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely grated fresh lemon zest
- Cook beans in a 5-quart pot of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Drain in a colander and immediately transfer to a bowl of ice and cold water to stop cooking.
- Drain and pat dry.
- Toss beans with oil, salt, and pepper to taste, then toss with lemon juice and half of zest.
- Serve beans sprinkled with remaining zest.
I loved the taste of the lemon and olive oil over the beans -- so simple but just enough to give them a little lift. Perfect for a summer meal!
DH made these beans tonight to accompany a crab-stuffed orange roughy dish. I thought the beans were light and refreshing. The amount of lemon was just perfect--not too overpowering. I would definitely make these again, especially when serving fish. Thanks, Bev!
This is a five star recipe we learned from a friend...with a slight twist. Sliced fresh garlic gives this such a flavorful punch and added nutrition. My kids all love this dish! We use the juice of a whole lemon and leave out the zest. Yum!