1/2 Photos of Green Beans With Lemon and Almonds
This green bean dish is absulutely delicious! Double the recipe to serve more than 6 people, or just double the recipe anyway LOL!. You can steam the beans, cover and chill up to a day in advance. Coarsley chopped pecans or walnuts can be substituted for the sliced almonds if desired.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook the green beans in a pot with salted water until JUST tender (about 5 minutes, you can steam the also) drain and transfer to a large bowl of ice water to cool; drain and pat dry with a paper towel (this can be done a day ahead).
- 2Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- 3Add in chopped almonds, and toss with butter; saute the nuts until they are lightly browned and crisp (about 2-3 minutes).
- 4Add in beans, and toss to combine with the nuts until heated through (about 3-4 minutes).
- 5Mix in the lemon peel; cook 1 minute.
- 6Mix in the chopped parsley.
- 7Season with salt and pepper, and transfer to a bowl.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Beans With Lemon and Almonds
Serving Size: 1 (195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 457.0
- Calories from Fat 348
- Total Fat 38.7 g
- Saturated Fat 14.2 g
- Cholesterol 53.4 mg
- Sodium 276.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.1 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 12.1 g