Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This green bean dish is absulutely delicious! Double the recipe to serve more than 6 people, or just double the recipe anyway LOL!. You can steam the beans, cover and chill up to a day in advance. Coarsley chopped pecans or walnuts can be substituted for the sliced almonds if desired.
Top Review by Loves2Cook!
Kittencal has the best recipes. I made this for a family potluck and doubled the recipe. I made it as written. It was a big hit. I think the next time I make it, however, I will decrease the almonds. We ended up with most of the almonds in the bottom of the bowl.
- 2 lbs fresh green beans, trimmed
- 7 tablespoons butter (can use a bit less)
- 1 cup almonds, coarsley chopped (or sliced)
- 1 tablespoon minced lemon peel (use the yellow part only, can use a bit more lemon peel)
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the green beans in a pot with salted water until JUST tender (about 5 minutes, you can steam the also) drain and transfer to a large bowl of ice water to cool; drain and pat dry with a paper towel (this can be done a day ahead).
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add in chopped almonds, and toss with butter; saute the nuts until they are lightly browned and crisp (about 2-3 minutes).
- Add in beans, and toss to combine with the nuts until heated through (about 3-4 minutes).
- Mix in the lemon peel; cook 1 minute.
- Mix in the chopped parsley.
- Season with salt and pepper, and transfer to a bowl.