Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
The recipe for this side dish was found in the 2009 cookbook, The Best of Mr. Food 15-Minute Recipes, but it has been changed some to suit us better.
- 1 lb fresh green beans
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- Cut beans into 2" to 3" lengths then steam them for about 10 minutes or until just tender.
- Meantime, mix butter, zest, lemon juice, salt & lemon pepper, then combine with steamed beans & toss to coat.
Takes fresh beans right over the top. TY!
These are over-the-top-melt-in-your-mouth green beans! Hard to do! Thanks, Sydney Mike, for the best green bean recipe of all time! Made for Best of 2011 Cookbook tag game, as recommended by Boomette.
Wonderful recipe. The green beans turned out so tasty. I just omitted the salt. Me and DH liked this a lot. Thanks Syd :) Made for Zaar Star Game