Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Dress up plain green beans with a yogurt-based mixture of horseradish, mustard and celery seed. Taken from the "Quick, Healthy and Delicious Cooking" cookbook by BH&G.
- 1 lb fresh green beans
- 1⁄2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
- Wash beans and remove ends and strings.
- In a medium saucepan cook green beans in a small amount of boiling water for 20 to 25 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, for sauce, in a small saucepan stir together the yogurt and flour.
- Stir in horseradish, mustard and celery seed.
- Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly.
- Cook and stir for 1 minute more.
- Pour sauce over green beans; toss gently to coat.