Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is a simple way to serve garden green beans with summer herbs. Adapted from New Mexico Magazine (March 2004)
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, chopped (or use 1/2 teaspoon dried)
- 1 tablespoon basil, chopped (or use 1/2 teaspoon dried)
- Place beans and water in sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Cook for 6-8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Drain and return to pan.
- Add remaining ingredients to pan.
- Cover and cook for 4-6 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Ellie, these are the BEST green beans we loved them. I am making them for my DIL soon as greenbeans are her favorite veggie. So eay to make and SOOooo delicious. Thank you ellie.
I was going to post a recipe for Herbed Green Beans, but yours is so similar that I will review yours instead... I use one pound of thawed frozen green beans, then melt 3 T butter and proceed with step 4. I usually use 1/4 c. of onion, which reduces carbs, and the dried herbs. My version came from 500 Low Carb Recipes by Dana Carpender.
These were just okay for us. It definetly had a fresh taste to it, but too much onion for us. I might or might not make this again.