- 1 1⁄2 lbs green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (to 2 tablespoons)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grated lemon zest (to taste)
- 1⁄3 cup hazelnuts, toasted until golden and chopped fine
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a kettle of boiling salted water, cook beans until just tender, 3 to 8 minutes.
- Drain beans in a colander and in a large bowl toss while still hot with oil, zest, nuts, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Beans may be made 1 day ahead and chilled, covered.
- Reheat beans, preferably in a microwave.