Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh green beans, washed and trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemons, zest of
- 1⁄3 cup chopped toasted hazelnuts
- salt and pepper
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook beans 3-8 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and place in a large bowl.
- 2 Add olive oil, lemon zest, hazelnuts, salt and pepper.
- Beans may be made 1 day ahead, chilled and covered.
- Reheat beans.
This was absolutely superb! I couldn't find any hazelnuts locally, so I substituted pine nuts (pignoli) instead. It was a big hit for Saturday lunch with guests. My guests even took my recipe that I had printed out, so I'll have to print another one now!
* I got totally lucky finding these nuts. Usually can't find them in Arizona. Made it and man, was it good. Totally adding this to the Family Cookbook. *
So wonderful!!!! The toasted hazelnuts add a unique and perfect flavor booster to the beans and then mix in the lemon, this dish was really top notch!! Thanks for the recipe!!!