From Gourmet magazine, these are good. The butter can be prepared ahead of time and added to the cooked beans.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons shallots, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon zest, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup hazelnuts, toasted, any loose skins rubbed off, and nuts finely chopped (1 1/2 ounces)
- 1 1/2 lbs green beans, trimmed
- 1Stir together butter, shallot, zest, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a small bowl until combined.
- 2Add hazelnuts and stir until combined well.
- 3Cook beans in a 4- to 5-quart pot of boiling salted water, uncovered, until just tender, 5 to 8 minutes.
- 4Drain beans in a colander, then return hot beans to pot and toss with hazelnut butter.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Beans With Hazelnut Butter
Serving Size: 1 (200 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 204.8
- Calories from Fat 141
- Total Fat 15.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 22.9 mg
- Sodium 302.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 5.0 g