Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Gourmet magazine, these are good. The butter can be prepared ahead of time and added to the cooked beans.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons shallots, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh lemon zest, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup hazelnuts, toasted, any loose skins rubbed off, and nuts finely chopped (1 1/2 ounces)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs green beans, trimmed
- Stir together butter, shallot, zest, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a small bowl until combined.
- Add hazelnuts and stir until combined well.
- Cook beans in a 4- to 5-quart pot of boiling salted water, uncovered, until just tender, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Drain beans in a colander, then return hot beans to pot and toss with hazelnut butter.