Recipe by SilentCricket
I ususally put a comment by the recipes I try and by this one, the comment is "Delicious!" Quick 'n Easy too!
Top Review by moxie
Martha -- this was a tasty and easy dish that really pleased the picky eater in our family -- one we will definitely have again. Easy on the budget, too! I do think the amount of cornstarch may be a little high -- when I added it, my beef mixture turned into a clump, and I could really taste the cornstarch -- so I thinned it back out with some additional soy sauce & water.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark molasses
- 1 (9 ounce) package frozen cut green beans, broken apart
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 3 -4 cups hot cooked rice
- French fried onion rings
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook and stir ground beef and onion in large skillet until meat is brown and onion is tender.
- Drain off any fat.
- Stir in garlic, 1 1/2 cups water, soy sauce, and molasses; heat to boiling.
- Add green beans and heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 15 minutes.
- Blend cornstarch and 1/4 cup cold water; stir gradually into meat mixture.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils.
- Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Serve over rice.
- Garnish with onion rings and pass additional soy sauce, if desired.