Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I ususally put a comment by the recipes I try and by this one, the comment is "Delicious!" Quick 'n Easy too!
- Cook and stir ground beef and onion in large skillet until meat is brown and onion is tender.
- Drain off any fat.
- Stir in garlic, 1 1/2 cups water, soy sauce, and molasses; heat to boiling.
- Add green beans and heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 15 minutes.
- Blend cornstarch and 1/4 cup cold water; stir gradually into meat mixture.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils.
- Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Serve over rice.
- Garnish with onion rings and pass additional soy sauce, if desired.
Martha -- this was a tasty and easy dish that really pleased the picky eater in our family -- one we will definitely have again. Easy on the budget, too! I do think the amount of cornstarch may be a little high -- when I added it, my beef mixture turned into a clump, and I could really taste the cornstarch -- so I thinned it back out with some additional soy sauce & water.
Very good, solid comfort dish. I left out the onion rings for reasons of fat. It's good over toasted English muffins too. Canned beans work in place of the frozen ones. Goes well with corn bread.
Good, hearty food. Tastes good on a winter day. And it is so simple to prepare. I used 1/2 of a red onion and lots of extra garlic. No problem with the cornstarch here. I served with rice and onion rings. Thanks.