Planning on making this for Thanksgiving dinner this year. I found the recipe over at Epicurious.com
- 680.38 g green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces (about 5 cups)
- 59.16 ml unsalted butter
- 44.37 ml fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped (about a 2 1/2-inch piece)
- 118.29 ml vegetable stock or 118.29 ml chicken stock or 118.29 ml turkey stock
- 236.59 ml salted roasted cashews, coarsely chopped
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml fresh ground black pepper
- In large pot boiling salted water, cook beans until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Drain and rinse in colander under cold water then pat dry (can be prepared up to 1 day ahead and refrigerated, wrapped in paper towels, in plastic bags).
- In 12-inch heavy skillet over moderate heat, heat butter until hot but not smoking. Add ginger and sauté until softened and fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in green beans and stock and cook, stirring often, until liquid is almost completely evaporated, about 3 to 6 minutes. Before serving stir in Cashews to distribute then transfer to serving dish and serve immediately .