Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Based on a recipe from Suzanne Somers’ book, Eat Great, Lose Weight. She says “This dish is delicious hot or cold, and the vinaigrette is also good on salads or other vegetables.”
- 2-3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 lemon, juiced
- black pepper, freshly ground
- 59.14 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 453.59 g fresh green beans
- GARLIC VINAIGRETTE:.
- In small bowl, combine garlic, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Slowly whisk in the olive oil until well combined.
- Steam beans until tender and still slightly crunchy; do not overcook.
- Toss with vinaigrette and serve.
I noticed this recipe just before I put a pound of green beans (topped with a few slices of bacon) into the microwave. So in the few minutes it took for the beans to cook, I whipped up the garlic-lemon dressing. What a delicious result. Even hubby -- who rarely gives generous praise -- yummed-yummed his way through this great dish. Thanks for posting.
We loved this quick and easy way to fix green beans! While the beans steamed, I quickly whipped up the vinaigrette...viola, it was done! I did add some dried basil, minced onion and a pinch of sugar to cut the tart of the lemon to the vinaigrette. This was delicious warm and we'll be eating the leftovers cold for lunch today. Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe!
**Made for Australian/ New Zealand Recipe Swap #73**
A perfect make ahead dish that I served on Thanksgiving. I steamed the greens, mixed with the dressing and warmed it in a stove top pan when ready to serve, although it be would be also great as a cold/room temperature salad. Thank you.