Recipe by Abby Girl
This is definitely one of my favorite ways to have green beans. The raw garlic and mustard add this kick/spice to the green beans that just out of this world! This would go well with any other veggie, eg: broccoli, carrots, cauliflower. Heavenly
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon rind, grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 1⁄2 lbs green beans, trimmed
- 1⁄3 cup almonds, sliced and toasted
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leave
Directions See How It's Made
- To prepare vinaigrette, combine first 7 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- To prepare beans, cook beans in a large pot of boiling water 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain well. Place beans in a large bowl. Add lemon mixture; toss well to coat. Sprinkle with almonds and thyme.
- Toast the almonds in a pie pan at 350° for 5 to 10 minutes.