Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
By, Michele Scicolone. Fantastic dish, we have this as a side dish at least once a week.
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup dried breadcrumbs
- Bring a large saucepan three-fourths full of water to a boil. Add the green beans and salt and cook until the beans are almost tender, about 5 minutes. the timing will depend on thr thickness of the bean.
- Drain the beans and rinse under cold running water to hault the cooking. Drain well and pat dry with paper towels.
- In a large frying pan over medium heat, saute the garlic and parsley in the olive oil until the garlic is fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the crumbs and cook, stirring until crunchy and browned, about 3 minutes. Add the green beans and stir until they are hot and coated with the crumbs, just a few minutes.
- Transfer the beans to a serving dish and serve hot or at room temperature.