Steamed broccoli or cauliflower may be used in place of the green beans, the chili flakes may be omitted if desired I like to add them in or you may adjust to heat level. --- this is very good!
- Steam or boil the green beans until tender but still crisp; plunge into ice water or very cold water then drain well.
- Place the beans onto a clean tea towel then pat dry using paper towels.
- Place the beans into a heat proof bowl.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat; add in fresh garlic and chili flakes and stir 2 minutes (do not allow the butter to brown).
- Mix in the brown sugar, soy sauce and white vinegar; bring to a boil mixing constantly.
- Remove from heat then pour over the beans toss to coat.
- Mix in the almonds.
These are wonderful! The flavor of the garlic butter with the green beans is outstanding. I love almonds with green beans so that was a plus, too. Thanks for sharing!
These were great!!!! I wasnt sure if I or my family was going to like the combonation of flavors but they complimented eachother beautifully. Even my 4 year old daughter loved them so much she asked for a second helping. This is definitely getting its rotation into our dinners. Thanks for the posting.
We absolutely LOVED the combination or brown sugar and soy sauce with the green beans. I did not have any sliced almonds so I just omitted them. But it did not affect the flavor. So even if you do not have the almonds, you are still going to love this. Thanks for ANOTHER great recipe, KittenCal.