Steamed broccoli or cauliflower may be used in place of the green beans, the chili flakes may be omitted if desired I like to add them in or you may adjust to heat level. --- this is very good!
- Steam or boil the green beans until tender but still crisp; plunge into ice water or very cold water then drain well.
- Place the beans onto a clean tea towel then pat dry using paper towels.
- Place the beans into a heat proof bowl.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat; add in fresh garlic and chili flakes and stir 2 minutes (do not allow the butter to brown).
- Mix in the brown sugar, soy sauce and white vinegar; bring to a boil mixing constantly.
- Remove from heat then pour over the beans toss to coat.
- Mix in the almonds.