Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Low in fat but high in taste!
- 1 lb green beans (or yellow beans or a combination)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 garlic, finely chopped
- 1 anchovy, rinsed and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon sun-dried tomato, rinse and diced
- 1 cup water
- Trim beans.
- Heat oil in large skillet. Add garlic, anchovy and tomatoes. Cook on low heat until very fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add beans and coat with garlic mixture. Add water and bring to boil. Cook, uncovered until water evaporates and beans are glazed with garlic mixture -- about 10 minutes.
- Stir occasionally during cooking.
- Taste and add salt only of necessary.
The anchovies really gave this a nice extra flavor! I used a little more garlic and anchovies then stated and substituted grape tomatoes cut in half. Thanks!