Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this in the New York Daily News and made it for Thanksgiving dinner. It was the only thing I didn't have any leftovers of. I made it with frozen french cut green beans.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup pine nuts
- kosher salt
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the green beans and cook until just tender, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring for 1 minute. Add the pine nuts and cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes.
- Drain the green beans and transfer to the skillet add ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper and toss to coat. Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Make-ahead note: This dish can be prepared up to 2 days in advance. Blanch the green beans by boiling until tender. Plunge them into an ice bath to stop the cooking. Drain and refrigerate, covered until ready to sauté with the garlic and pine nuts. Cook the green beans until heated through.
was going to post this recipe, but its here :0 so I thought I would rate it. Its 5 star all the way!!! I like it as is, or with a drizzle of lemon juice or balsalmic vinegar!!