We always had these beans with our Christmas dinner. They are very flavorful and a family favorite. Most of the work can be done in advance. Although there is alot of garlic, the cooking process mellows it considerably.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- 2Add garlic; cook 8 minutes until very tender.
- 3Transfer to a paper towel using a slotted spoon.
- 4Pat dry.
- 5Add salt to pot; return water to boil and add green beans.
- 6Cook beans until just tender, about 6 minutes.
- 7Drain beans, rinse under cold water, pat dry and set aside.
- 8Heat 2 T oil in heavy nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- 9Add ham and saute until crisp, 6 or 7 minutes depending on the moisture content of the ham.
- 10Set aside.
- 11Can be prepared 1 day ahead.
- 12Keep garlic separate from beans and ham.
- 13Melt butter with remaining oil in a large heavy skillet over medium high heat.
- 14Add garlic and mash with a fork or the back of a spoon.
- 15Add green beans and ham.
- 16Toss until heated through and coated with garlic.
- 17Season to your taste with salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Beans With Garlic and Ham
Serving Size: 1 (192 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 184.8
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 24.4 mg
- Sodium 1837.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 9.6 g