- 1 lb fresh green beans or 1 lb frozen green beans
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup plain breadcrumbs or 1⁄2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a pot, steam the green beans until tender-crisp. Set aside and keep warm.
- Heat the olive oil in a large saute on medium-low heat. Add the garlic and cook for about 2 minutes. DO NOT allow the garlic to burn!
- Stir in the bread crumbs and pepper. Cook for about 2 minutes more, pressing down on the bread crumb mixture with a spatula to allow it to become crispy. Again, be careful not to burn.
- Stir in the green beans and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.