Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This dish is quick, easy and a great accompainment to almost any meal.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (not virgin)
- 1 -2 garlic clove (coarsley chopped)
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 1 lb string bean
- 1 shallot (finely chopped)
- Choose slender, smooth, bright green, somewhat velvety pods of string beans.
- Wash the beans in a colander.
- Trim the ends of the beans.
- Place the beans in a saucepan filled with water. Bring to a boil and cook 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 teaspoons olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add coarse constantly, for 1 minute.
- Drain the beans.
- Transfer the beans to the frying pan and toss to combine with the garlic.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add 1 teaspoons butter and toss to combine.
- Serve at once.