Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A simple and delicious recipe for fresh green beans. I especially love this during the summer months when the green beans are in their peak season.
- 9 ounces fresh green beans
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Place fresh green beans in a saucepan with vegetable broth and dill.
- Cover; bring to a boil.
- Separate green beans with a fork, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in butter, adding salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Serve and enjoy!
Good, but I didn't taste much dill. Will double it next time. Thanks Carla!
wonderful and easy! i added fresh carrots as well....also added some minced garlic and minced onion for extra flavor...YUMMY!!
Wonderful side dish! I used chicken broth, as that was what I had on hand. I did have to drain the broth at the end, so felt I was loosing all that wonderful dill. I only used 1 T butter and that was plenty for us, lots of freshly ground pepper and salt. Next time, I will add the dill at the end and see if that made a difference. Excellent recipe...kudos on the find!!